The World Hates Mr. Bush and his USA
I always knew that many people in the world disliked the US, but I never knew of the extent until I came to Denmark. Many people are angry about the war(s) but it goes much deeper than that. . .
The Socialist Party here in Denmark has a large youth organization. There is always some sort of socialist party posters and flyers in the commons area at school trying to recruit more kids. A boy in my class who is heavily involved with the socialist party calls it 'propaganda.' I've got a bunch of fliers and posters to bring home to show people.
And it's not just the Danes who I've come to realize have reason to dislike people from the states. Kids from all over the world get upset when people from the US call themselves Americans. They kids from Canada, Mexico, and South American reminded me that they too were Americans. The states are thought of as being selfish greedy and conceded. I believe some of this is taught to us from birth. We are taught to be thankful that we were born in the US, and that we have so many more privileges that other kids. The thing that is left out is that many other countries have the same privileges, if not more. The Danish teens can't comprehend the city curfew(for those under 18) in Spearfish. They don't understand why we don't do something about it. I told them that it wasn't really enforced, and that it's just there so they can pull over anyone who they want even without real suspicion. The Danes couldn't believe we weren't protesting. I contemplated this for awhile and decided that the reason everyone dislikes the States and the government, is the fact that we don't care, or don't think about the consequences of our not caring. We don't care unless it directly affects us and messes up the way we live our daily life. So, a war here or there, if not directly affecting us is just more news on TV. But, sooner or later all of this is going to come back and kick us in the butt.
What I don't understand is why doesn't the US government take notice when people all around the world are upset with the way they are running their foreign affairs. When the UN disagrees with what we are doing then I think it's time to take notice and pay attention. Okay, sorry about the rambling, but I just had to get all that off my chest.
I always knew that many people in the world disliked the US, but I never knew of the extent until I came to Denmark. Many people are angry about the war(s) but it goes much deeper than that. . .
The Socialist Party here in Denmark has a large youth organization. There is always some sort of socialist party posters and flyers in the commons area at school trying to recruit more kids. A boy in my class who is heavily involved with the socialist party calls it 'propaganda.' I've got a bunch of fliers and posters to bring home to show people.
And it's not just the Danes who I've come to realize have reason to dislike people from the states. Kids from all over the world get upset when people from the US call themselves Americans. They kids from Canada, Mexico, and South American reminded me that they too were Americans. The states are thought of as being selfish greedy and conceded. I believe some of this is taught to us from birth. We are taught to be thankful that we were born in the US, and that we have so many more privileges that other kids. The thing that is left out is that many other countries have the same privileges, if not more. The Danish teens can't comprehend the city curfew(for those under 18) in Spearfish. They don't understand why we don't do something about it. I told them that it wasn't really enforced, and that it's just there so they can pull over anyone who they want even without real suspicion. The Danes couldn't believe we weren't protesting. I contemplated this for awhile and decided that the reason everyone dislikes the States and the government, is the fact that we don't care, or don't think about the consequences of our not caring. We don't care unless it directly affects us and messes up the way we live our daily life. So, a war here or there, if not directly affecting us is just more news on TV. But, sooner or later all of this is going to come back and kick us in the butt.
What I don't understand is why doesn't the US government take notice when people all around the world are upset with the way they are running their foreign affairs. When the UN disagrees with what we are doing then I think it's time to take notice and pay attention. Okay, sorry about the rambling, but I just had to get all that off my chest.

0 kommentarer:
Send en kommentar
<< Start