lørdag, november 08, 2003

The Halloween party turned out great, even with the popcorn ball disaster. We served green punch and sugar cookies with orange frosting(they were delicious, I didn't screw those up), chips, vind gummies and licorice(it's the stuff all the Danes dig), oh and of course the bowl of sugary popcorn. I had worked making my construction paper decorations for over a week and they turned out okay. I had pumpkins, spiders, witch hats, bats, and a paper chain. I decorate the living room dining room area, and moved the table and chairs so there was room to dance. I covered all the tables with black garbage bags instead of table cloths I thought it looked more Halloweenish, and it was easier to clean up. Outside I hung ghosts(made from plastic sacks and balloons) in the trees and bushes, so they would blow in the wind when you walked up to the house. Everyone showed up and was in full costume. We played 'chubby bunny,' and did a potato dance(with apples), and then my Benjamin(my youngest host brother) judged the costume contest. Everyone seemed to have a good time, and afterwards I was able to clean everything up and nothing was broken or ruined. I thought it was a pretty successful party.

This afternoon I'm going to meet an au pair from Washington D.C. She's living here in Helsingor and is au pairing for one of the Rotary members neighbors. He told me to give her a call because she seemed kind of lonely, so we're going to go grab bagel this afternoon.

0 kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

<< Start