Odd Events turned Pleasant Surprises
This morning was beautiful. There was a warm heavy fog that blanketed the entire town. It was mystical. While I was biking dreamily in this mystical fog I turned a corner on my bike and slid on the ice. This left me on my back with my bike on top of me. I quickly learned not to admire the fog while biking. It's dangerous. Both my bike and I were fine though my dickies got dirty.
Once at school I was looking forward to first period music. Fridays are when we play music instead of studying it, but instead of getting the instruments tuned and ready like we normally do everyone sat down and got their pencils out. I figured the teacher was going to do theory today because she missed last class, but I was wrong. I was informed that we were taking a test. A test over everything that we've learned so far this year. After the initial shock wore off. I took the test. I didn't understand some of the directions, but I got by. My classmates found this situation very amusing since most have them had been studying the material for awhile in preparation for this test and not one person remembered to inform me. Sometimes the forget that I don't understand basic comments in class. The situation turned out okay though, for I did well on the test.
Second period is math. I have a neutral feeling about math class. The teacher lets me do what I please and is a nice guy, so that's a definite positive, but he also smells really bad. I'm not talking about a little bo every once and awhile. I'm talking a nasty bo that follows him everywhere, and he also has coffee breath. Today though we had a substitute, so no smelliness.
During the lunch perioreligiouseligous people were handing out copies of the new testament(in Danish of course) to anyone who'd walk by. So, everyone had a copy and nobody wanted theirs, so they gave them all to me. Guess what everyone is getting for Christmas?
Last period of the day was Spanish. I don't enjoy Spanish in Denmark. Danish to Spanish is not fun. Two foreign languages at once. Today the student teacher was teaching the class. We started with some basic activities, and then we got to sing a song. I love Spanish music. My Spanish teacher in the states often taught with music. And if you know me, you know I love to sing show tunes. So, what's better than a normal show tune? A show tune in Spanish! We got to sing Grease Lightening in Spanish. What a great way to enter the weekend.
I hope your Friday goes as well as mine did!
This morning was beautiful. There was a warm heavy fog that blanketed the entire town. It was mystical. While I was biking dreamily in this mystical fog I turned a corner on my bike and slid on the ice. This left me on my back with my bike on top of me. I quickly learned not to admire the fog while biking. It's dangerous. Both my bike and I were fine though my dickies got dirty.
Once at school I was looking forward to first period music. Fridays are when we play music instead of studying it, but instead of getting the instruments tuned and ready like we normally do everyone sat down and got their pencils out. I figured the teacher was going to do theory today because she missed last class, but I was wrong. I was informed that we were taking a test. A test over everything that we've learned so far this year. After the initial shock wore off. I took the test. I didn't understand some of the directions, but I got by. My classmates found this situation very amusing since most have them had been studying the material for awhile in preparation for this test and not one person remembered to inform me. Sometimes the forget that I don't understand basic comments in class. The situation turned out okay though, for I did well on the test.
Second period is math. I have a neutral feeling about math class. The teacher lets me do what I please and is a nice guy, so that's a definite positive, but he also smells really bad. I'm not talking about a little bo every once and awhile. I'm talking a nasty bo that follows him everywhere, and he also has coffee breath. Today though we had a substitute, so no smelliness.
During the lunch perioreligiouseligous people were handing out copies of the new testament(in Danish of course) to anyone who'd walk by. So, everyone had a copy and nobody wanted theirs, so they gave them all to me. Guess what everyone is getting for Christmas?
Last period of the day was Spanish. I don't enjoy Spanish in Denmark. Danish to Spanish is not fun. Two foreign languages at once. Today the student teacher was teaching the class. We started with some basic activities, and then we got to sing a song. I love Spanish music. My Spanish teacher in the states often taught with music. And if you know me, you know I love to sing show tunes. So, what's better than a normal show tune? A show tune in Spanish! We got to sing Grease Lightening in Spanish. What a great way to enter the weekend.
I hope your Friday goes as well as mine did!

0 kommentarer:
Send en kommentar
<< Start