No Sunlight No More
Today is the shortest day of the year. The sun came up at 8:40am and went down at 3:36pm. We had almost seven hours of semi-light today. It can only get better from here. It's a good to be finished with this point of the year.
So yesterday I went to my class' Christmas lunch. It was a type of pot luckish thing. We were each assigned(my the girl in charge) Danish Christmas food to bring. I brought shrimp and hard boiled eggs. There was a ton of food. We started out with bread with stuff on it. I enjoy the hard boiled eggs on bread(when I called home Syd said that was disgusting). People put shrimp, cheeses, meats, and fish on the bread. Then we had the warm food. Meat balls, beef, potatoes etc. After we were finished with dinner we did a type of gift exchange. Everyone brought a gift under 20kr.($3). We had two dice and we sat in a circle. You would spin the dice and if you got a 6 you could pick a present. We did this until all the gifts were gone. Some people had five. Others had none. Then we continued to roll, except now you could take someone else's gift if you rolled a 6, and if you rolled a 1 you had to pass one of your gifts to the right. After ten min. was up we upwraped all the gifts that we had, and continued to play, except now we knew what we were playing for. We did that until time was up(five minutes I think), and then whatever we had at that time we got to keep. It was good time. After the gift exchange we ate Ris àl'amande which is the best Danish dessert ever. It's a rice almond pudding thing. There are crushed up almonds in it, and then there is one full almond. Who ever finds the full almond getsa prizee. I didn't know this, and while I was eating I found a full almondand whisperedd to my friend next to me that they had forgotten to cut up all the almonds. That's when he laughed and told me to put in my pocket. He then explained how it works. We watched everyone slowly eat there pudding trying to find the almond. And even when people were bursting they kept on dishing it up in order to find the almond. Itwas amusingg watching them. I then informed them that I had found the almond earlier. I was given a box of chocolates for my finding the almond.
Today is the shortest day of the year. The sun came up at 8:40am and went down at 3:36pm. We had almost seven hours of semi-light today. It can only get better from here. It's a good to be finished with this point of the year.
So yesterday I went to my class' Christmas lunch. It was a type of pot luckish thing. We were each assigned(my the girl in charge) Danish Christmas food to bring. I brought shrimp and hard boiled eggs. There was a ton of food. We started out with bread with stuff on it. I enjoy the hard boiled eggs on bread(when I called home Syd said that was disgusting). People put shrimp, cheeses, meats, and fish on the bread. Then we had the warm food. Meat balls, beef, potatoes etc. After we were finished with dinner we did a type of gift exchange. Everyone brought a gift under 20kr.($3). We had two dice and we sat in a circle. You would spin the dice and if you got a 6 you could pick a present. We did this until all the gifts were gone. Some people had five. Others had none. Then we continued to roll, except now you could take someone else's gift if you rolled a 6, and if you rolled a 1 you had to pass one of your gifts to the right. After ten min. was up we upwraped all the gifts that we had, and continued to play, except now we knew what we were playing for. We did that until time was up(five minutes I think), and then whatever we had at that time we got to keep. It was good time. After the gift exchange we ate Ris àl'amande which is the best Danish dessert ever. It's a rice almond pudding thing. There are crushed up almonds in it, and then there is one full almond. Who ever finds the full almond getsa prizee. I didn't know this, and while I was eating I found a full almondand whisperedd to my friend next to me that they had forgotten to cut up all the almonds. That's when he laughed and told me to put in my pocket. He then explained how it works. We watched everyone slowly eat there pudding trying to find the almond. And even when people were bursting they kept on dishing it up in order to find the almond. Itwas amusingg watching them. I then informed them that I had found the almond earlier. I was given a box of chocolates for my finding the almond.

0 kommentarer:
Send en kommentar
<< Start