lørdag, december 13, 2003

Christiania
Yesterday I went to Christiania. Christiania is a very special place in Denmark. Squatters took it over 30 or so years ago and it's almost like a tribe of people inside Denmark. It's a group of hippy type people that all live in Christiania. They have stores and restaurants, and schools. It's not like everywhere else though. In Christiania they sell weed on the streets in booths. It's not legal, but it's not really illegal either. It's been going on for so long. The police don't really have any control over it. You can see people openly smoking on the street. To make a living they sell things(other than pot.)

Melina and I, and two of her friends went because they were holding a Christmas market. There were things from all over the world, and almost everything, if not everything was hand made. I got an amazing pair of woolen socks from Afghanistan. There was beautiful jewelry and clothing. I wish I had enough money to buy it all. Afterwards we got dinner at one of the restaurants. It was an amazing all vegetarian place. I got a rice and vegetable dish that was delicious. It was a good time.

0 kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

<< Start