onsdag, december 17, 2003

My fever has been raging out of control the last 24 hours. I stayed home from school on Tuesday and slept all day. I think that helped a lot, but today I went to school. I'm on some non-prescription cold medicine and that's helping my nasal stuff, but the fever is freaking me out. I think I enjoyed getting all four of my wisdom teeth out at once better than this sickness. At least then I was on major pain medication, now I just have to suffer through.

While eating lunch today I realized that I had never really talked about the major differences of the way we eat lunch here compared to back in the states. So, I decided I would write a little about that today. Helsingor Gymnasium(my school) has two main buildings full of classrooms, a gym, and a auditorium/party hall, and a building with the locker rooms and bathrooms. There is no lunch room type area. So, instead of everyone being concentrated together for lunch everyone eats in their classroom. Another thing I noticed the other day that I hadn't really thought about lately was the excessive amount of fruit everyone eats here. I usually bring at least 4 pieces of fruit with me to school during the day. You eat one piece during each class. After dinner we have a piece of fruit, and for a snack we eat fruit. There is definitely a lack of vegetables. Often there is no vegetable present during dinner.

If that all sounded really random and un-organized, I'm sorry. I blame it on the fever.

0 kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

<< Start