mandag, december 15, 2003

Jeg er syg. I thought it was just a cough, but when I woke up this morning I realized it was more. I have a fever, headache, runny nose, sore throat and nasty cough. I'm dying.

I'm coming to realize that there are a lot of advantages to living with retired people without a TV. First, not having a TV has given me a lot of time to read, and gotten me out of the house more than I think I would be with one. On the weekends, we have tea and hot chocolate, and freshly baked cookies. All of the bread in the house is freshly baked. There is always a warm meal for dinner. They never let me sleep in(I'm not sure if that's good or bad), and they seem to genuinely care about me.

This weekend I got to experience something entirely new. I went to a Danish friend of mine's 18th Birthday. Like most birthday parties here we started out with Dinner. During dinner Santa Clause visited. The only time I've ever seen Santa Clause has been in malls, and those types of situations. Here in Denmark Santa comes and hand delivers the presents every year. So, Santa came and delivered us each a little present during dinner. It was a neat experience even for a 17 year-old.

0 kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

<< Start