fredag, december 05, 2003

Christmas in Denmark
I haven't had the time lately to explain Christmas here. I don't know a whole lot since I haven't experienced it yet, but I'll tell you about what's been happening up until now.

The Christmas season, for most Danes starts December 1st(October 1st for the stores.) That's when they begin the decorations, and burning the Christmas calendar Candle everyday. It's a large candle with numbers going down the side. You burn one number off everyday counting down the days to Christmas. The second thing that starts the 1st of December is the gift giving. Young children get a little gift everyday in their stocking. Some families give one larger gift every Sunday. This continues until Christmas eve also.

The food during Christmas time rocks. There are a bunch of rice pudding type dishes that are delicious. My favorite is Rice Almond(translated) It's a dish cooked rice with a sweet cream with vanilla and chopped almonds. In every dish there is a full almond, and whoever gets the full almond gets a present. There are also tons of other sweets.

0 kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

<< Start