First Snow of the Season. . .
Last night it snowed. This was the first time that when it snowed the snow stayed there more than an hour. It was maybe two centimeters. When I woke up it was beautiful. We live right against 'the woods.' It's a patch of trees and forest like conditions in Ålsgårde. It's maybe 1/4 the size of central park. Nevertheless they are very proud of it. The trees were all lightly covered in snow. Everything was shimmering. It was amazing. When Grethe, Erling and I sat down for breakfast they asked if they machines had woken me up in the night. I found this a little confusing, but after a little clarification I found out the machines were plow/salt trucks. I found this quite amusing. They didn't even have an inch of snow, and they plowed and salted the roads. We're lucky if they plow the roads when there's a 1/2 a foot of snow. By the time I left the house to go to town(approx. 11:40am) most of the snow had already melted or was on its way to being melted.
Last night it snowed. This was the first time that when it snowed the snow stayed there more than an hour. It was maybe two centimeters. When I woke up it was beautiful. We live right against 'the woods.' It's a patch of trees and forest like conditions in Ålsgårde. It's maybe 1/4 the size of central park. Nevertheless they are very proud of it. The trees were all lightly covered in snow. Everything was shimmering. It was amazing. When Grethe, Erling and I sat down for breakfast they asked if they machines had woken me up in the night. I found this a little confusing, but after a little clarification I found out the machines were plow/salt trucks. I found this quite amusing. They didn't even have an inch of snow, and they plowed and salted the roads. We're lucky if they plow the roads when there's a 1/2 a foot of snow. By the time I left the house to go to town(approx. 11:40am) most of the snow had already melted or was on its way to being melted.

0 kommentarer:
Send en kommentar
<< Start