Sunday I experienced a traditional Danish confirmation. The Danes are non-church goers for the most part. Most kids I've talked to said they go to church for baptisms, confirmations, weddings, funerals, and sometimes Christmas. At 7:30am on Sunday my host family and I pilled into the car and drove to a small town about an hour away. The church was from the 1600's. It had "family pews" with doors at the end of each of them. And there were no kneelers, which was a shock to me, of course I then realized it was a protastant church. The confirmands were all dressed in white, and during the entire service they didn't say a word. After the service, which lasted about an hour, we headed to the party. The family of the girl who was confirmed rented a resturant on the beach. There were about 50 people in attendance. There we had a four course meal. It was delicious. In between each course speaches were made and songs, that were written about the confirmand, were sung. At the end of dinner the girl opened up her presents, among other things she got a lap top computer. Her friends explained to me that each of them got inbetween $2,000US and $3,000US for there confirmations, and they have another friend who had a real good confirmation and got $6000US. We got home around 8pm that evening.
This week I've had the pleasure of spending some time with my mom's(real mother) cousin and his wife from Washington. They are in København for a confrence of his. They were are super nice people and were great enough to bring me some American food that I've been missing.
Friday morning I embark on my journey to Sweden. Most of the 2nd year students at my school are going on a 120km = 75mi trip to Sweden on Friday and Saturday. We split into travel groups. These groups must stick togeather and only travel as fast as there slowest person. We leave on Friday morning. We must bring fod for Friday's lunch and dinner, and Saturday's breakfast and lunch. Everything we bring must be able to fit on our bikes. This includes food, sleeping bag, tent, clothing and water. Friday night we are going on a night run, and then Saturday morning we head back to Denamrk. I've been told that the 60km there is all up hill, but that means that the 60km back must be down hill! I'll tell you everything about it if I make it back alive.
This week I've had the pleasure of spending some time with my mom's(real mother) cousin and his wife from Washington. They are in København for a confrence of his. They were are super nice people and were great enough to bring me some American food that I've been missing.
Friday morning I embark on my journey to Sweden. Most of the 2nd year students at my school are going on a 120km = 75mi trip to Sweden on Friday and Saturday. We split into travel groups. These groups must stick togeather and only travel as fast as there slowest person. We leave on Friday morning. We must bring fod for Friday's lunch and dinner, and Saturday's breakfast and lunch. Everything we bring must be able to fit on our bikes. This includes food, sleeping bag, tent, clothing and water. Friday night we are going on a night run, and then Saturday morning we head back to Denamrk. I've been told that the 60km there is all up hill, but that means that the 60km back must be down hill! I'll tell you everything about it if I make it back alive.

0 kommentarer:
Send en kommentar
<< Start