In Denmark they don't have extracirricular activities like we do in the states. They have club activities. There are centers that have all of the courses and sports that most high school's do. This is the same with theatre. So, I joined the Espergærde Ungdomsskole musical team. The way I understand it is, that we are like a theatre troupe. We didn't have to audition, but not everyone will be on a performer. We'll do the auditioning later on. Right now we are just doing small dances and songs to work on technique and working as a group. So, on Thursday nights I go to the Ungdomsskole, and do that from 7-9. It's fun. I'm beginning to know some of the kids there better. There are only a few from my school who go, so it took some time, but it's coming along. When I find out what show we will be performing I'll let you know. I'm guessing I probably won't get to be on stage much since my Danish is still minimal, but working with costumes, lights, sets and things could be a really cool experience.
This Friday was culture night in Helsingør. All of the stores downtown stayed open late and there were vendors and people selling all sorts of things. Lots of great food. My friends and I walked down town and saw all of that for a couple of hours, and then went to watch a friend's band play. It was enjoyable.
This Friday was culture night in Helsingør. All of the stores downtown stayed open late and there were vendors and people selling all sorts of things. Lots of great food. My friends and I walked down town and saw all of that for a couple of hours, and then went to watch a friend's band play. It was enjoyable.

0 kommentarer:
Send en kommentar
<< Start