Blackout
Today was a day I will remember for a long while. The blackout of Sjælland(Zealand). The entire island of Sjælland plus part of Sweden were blacked out due to a power plant that went down. This is my story.
I got up this morning and went into the normal routine. Shower, breakfast, bike to school. It was Tuesday which meant that language school was in the afternoon, so I went to school for the first two periods. Then, Neysa(an exchange student from Indiana) and I went into København. Instead of going straight to Østerport, which is the train station closest to language school, we decided to go to København Main Station since we had some time to kill and had heard that there was a Subway. Both of us could go for a sub so we thought what the heck? When we arrived at the Main Station all of the power was out. We thought this was a little funny, but figured they were having a short or something. We couldn’t find the Subway, they had a sun something that sold subs, but since the power had just gone out they weren’t doing business. At this time we walked to Nørreport Station. The next station closest to Østerport. On our way to Nørreport we realized that it wasn’t just the Main Station whose power was out. Everything on the way power was out. Once we arrived at Nørreport we thought we would catch a train to Østerport. Of course by now they had shut all the trains that weren’t stuck somewhere down. So, we then walked to Østerport. With all of the trains shut down the busses were running full fledge. All of the traffic lights were out, but it didn’t seem to affect traffic that much. People seemed to be very respectful about letting walkers and bikers by. I heard that it did take much longer to get everywhere by car, but that didn’t affect me. Once we arrived at the language school we held class, sort of. Almost ½ the class wasn’t there due to the fact the couldn’t get there by the train. Two of our classmates were stuck on a train in between stations. After school ended I went with four other exchange students on a bus to a girls house who was closest to the school. We stayed there until the power came back in København. Her host father drove us to the station and I was able to find a train that was going in the direction of Helsingør. This was at approx. 7:30pm. I got on the train and it continued on to Helsingør. The power in Helsingør didn’t turn back on until almost 8:30pm, right before my train arrived, or else we would have been stuck at the train station before Helsingør. I biked home from the station and everything is back to normal again.
Today was a day I will remember for a long while. The blackout of Sjælland(Zealand). The entire island of Sjælland plus part of Sweden were blacked out due to a power plant that went down. This is my story.
I got up this morning and went into the normal routine. Shower, breakfast, bike to school. It was Tuesday which meant that language school was in the afternoon, so I went to school for the first two periods. Then, Neysa(an exchange student from Indiana) and I went into København. Instead of going straight to Østerport, which is the train station closest to language school, we decided to go to København Main Station since we had some time to kill and had heard that there was a Subway. Both of us could go for a sub so we thought what the heck? When we arrived at the Main Station all of the power was out. We thought this was a little funny, but figured they were having a short or something. We couldn’t find the Subway, they had a sun something that sold subs, but since the power had just gone out they weren’t doing business. At this time we walked to Nørreport Station. The next station closest to Østerport. On our way to Nørreport we realized that it wasn’t just the Main Station whose power was out. Everything on the way power was out. Once we arrived at Nørreport we thought we would catch a train to Østerport. Of course by now they had shut all the trains that weren’t stuck somewhere down. So, we then walked to Østerport. With all of the trains shut down the busses were running full fledge. All of the traffic lights were out, but it didn’t seem to affect traffic that much. People seemed to be very respectful about letting walkers and bikers by. I heard that it did take much longer to get everywhere by car, but that didn’t affect me. Once we arrived at the language school we held class, sort of. Almost ½ the class wasn’t there due to the fact the couldn’t get there by the train. Two of our classmates were stuck on a train in between stations. After school ended I went with four other exchange students on a bus to a girls house who was closest to the school. We stayed there until the power came back in København. Her host father drove us to the station and I was able to find a train that was going in the direction of Helsingør. This was at approx. 7:30pm. I got on the train and it continued on to Helsingør. The power in Helsingør didn’t turn back on until almost 8:30pm, right before my train arrived, or else we would have been stuck at the train station before Helsingør. I biked home from the station and everything is back to normal again.

0 kommentarer:
Send en kommentar
<< Start