Single Digits
Since I've been back in Denmark things have been going non-stop. There are so many things to do and there is so little time left in Denmark. It's difficult to achieve all the things I have had planned for multiple reasons. My Danish friends are still taking exams so they can't really take off and do things with me, and my exchange student friends are all going through their last day motions too.
The excitement for going home has been building. I'm now in the single digits. One week from tomorrow I will get on a plane and fly back to the US for the first time in just under a year. I haven't spoken with my parents for over a month now due to Eurotur and things. I'm excited enough about just getting to speak on the phone with them tonight; the thought of being able to hug my family in just over a week is un-imaginable. At the same time during Eurotur I realized that I'm not emotionally prepared for moving back home. There are so many things you forget about after being gone. The past year I've been given freedoms that I hadn't experienced prior to this time in my life. When I come home I'll be moving back home with my parents, and I'll be going back to high school. I think that is the part I'm most not prepared for. Going back to school to a full work load along with all of the senior year things.
Thursday I had the pleasure of visiting the Copenhagen Zoo for the first time. It was great. A friend of mine was kind enough to accompany me to the zoo even though he said that it's a place for 10-year-olds. I love the zoo. I'm not sure where my fascination stems from, but I could spend hours sitting and watching the seals sun-bathe or the polar bears eat. I was impressed with the size of the Copenhagen Zoo. It exceeded my expectations.
Since I've been back in Denmark things have been going non-stop. There are so many things to do and there is so little time left in Denmark. It's difficult to achieve all the things I have had planned for multiple reasons. My Danish friends are still taking exams so they can't really take off and do things with me, and my exchange student friends are all going through their last day motions too.
The excitement for going home has been building. I'm now in the single digits. One week from tomorrow I will get on a plane and fly back to the US for the first time in just under a year. I haven't spoken with my parents for over a month now due to Eurotur and things. I'm excited enough about just getting to speak on the phone with them tonight; the thought of being able to hug my family in just over a week is un-imaginable. At the same time during Eurotur I realized that I'm not emotionally prepared for moving back home. There are so many things you forget about after being gone. The past year I've been given freedoms that I hadn't experienced prior to this time in my life. When I come home I'll be moving back home with my parents, and I'll be going back to high school. I think that is the part I'm most not prepared for. Going back to school to a full work load along with all of the senior year things.
Thursday I had the pleasure of visiting the Copenhagen Zoo for the first time. It was great. A friend of mine was kind enough to accompany me to the zoo even though he said that it's a place for 10-year-olds. I love the zoo. I'm not sure where my fascination stems from, but I could spend hours sitting and watching the seals sun-bathe or the polar bears eat. I was impressed with the size of the Copenhagen Zoo. It exceeded my expectations.

0 kommentarer:
Send en kommentar
<< Start