I'm home, well, sort of . . .
After eighteen stimulating and exhausting days of travelling, I'm home. The trip was amazing. The actual travelling part of the trip was not overly impressive. We were doing what Danes call "American Travelling," two or three days in one place. After living in one country for a year, I don't feel satisfied by just seeing the tourist attractions in a country. I would like to get to know the culture more intimately. I wasn't able to do that on this trip. Other than that though the trip was fantastic. It was like a appetiser platter of countries. We got just a little taste of each. I've learned now that I would love to spend more time in Prague, and Gent, Belgium, among other places.
Although travelling was the main point of the trip I don't think it compared to the friendships that were created on the trip. The sights seen will never be remembered as much as the people I got to know during the past eighteen days. Many I know I will probably never see again as we all depart to our separate countries. Others I know I will see again. Yet, the impression each person has left with me will last a lifetime. The best way to explain this to a non-exchange student would be in a summer camp like scenario. It is sort of like a summer camp. Except all the kids are from different countries. We bond over our similarities and differences in culture and experiences. We learn and grow to love and care for each other.
That's all I'm going to post now because I need to do my laundry, but this probably wont be the last thing I write about my Euro Tour.
After eighteen stimulating and exhausting days of travelling, I'm home. The trip was amazing. The actual travelling part of the trip was not overly impressive. We were doing what Danes call "American Travelling," two or three days in one place. After living in one country for a year, I don't feel satisfied by just seeing the tourist attractions in a country. I would like to get to know the culture more intimately. I wasn't able to do that on this trip. Other than that though the trip was fantastic. It was like a appetiser platter of countries. We got just a little taste of each. I've learned now that I would love to spend more time in Prague, and Gent, Belgium, among other places.
Although travelling was the main point of the trip I don't think it compared to the friendships that were created on the trip. The sights seen will never be remembered as much as the people I got to know during the past eighteen days. Many I know I will probably never see again as we all depart to our separate countries. Others I know I will see again. Yet, the impression each person has left with me will last a lifetime. The best way to explain this to a non-exchange student would be in a summer camp like scenario. It is sort of like a summer camp. Except all the kids are from different countries. We bond over our similarities and differences in culture and experiences. We learn and grow to love and care for each other.
That's all I'm going to post now because I need to do my laundry, but this probably wont be the last thing I write about my Euro Tour.

0 kommentarer:
Send en kommentar
<< Start