onsdag, juni 16, 2004

As the days are winding down, I’ve been spending time with friends and getting everything ready to fly home. There are so many things I’d like to bring home to show my family. Things that are Danish, especially some of the odd and tasty foods. I bought a Danish cookbook and have gotten some ingredients that aren’t common in the states. In order to make room for all of my things, plus the things I’ve been buying I’ve had to get rid of some of my possessions that I brought to Denmark. Many pairs of pants were thrown out because their condition had deteriorated beyond that of repair. A couple of books, and many t-shirts were given to my neighbour who, if she doesn’t end up using them will pass them on to the Red Cross. I had to throw away a pair of tennis that I had gotten in 4th grade. My green Nike’s which I’ve never grown out of, they still didn’t have any holes, but the inside had worn so thin that my feet were rubbing against the plastic back of the shoe. They had also gotten quite nasty from getting wet so many times playing soccer in gym, and not properly drying out. I put them in the trash bin yesterday. They were loyal shoes that lasted me eight years. They will be missed. . . I’m also afraid I’m going to have to get rid of my light blue Adidas’. If the packing runs tight then they will be the first to go. Even though they fit fine, and are one of my favourite pairs of shoes, each shoe has at least three holes in it, and I’m afraid they wont last out another winter.

In other news, yesterday I went and saw Harry Potter 3. That was a fantastic movie. I think the movies are falling farther from the books as they progress, but a little creative freedom never hurt anyone. I’m not sure what I thought of the characters wearing plain clothes for the movie though. I guess it gives them more individuality, but it seemed a little odd.

Tonight is my very last Rotary meeting. I’ll be trading banners with the club tonight. Tomorrow I will give back my bike and my Rotary counsellor and I will empty out my emergency bank account. It’s so strange that it’s almost over.

0 kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

<< Start