tirsdag, juni 22, 2004

After traveling for 24 hours, I'm home. I took the train at 8:20 from home to the airport in Copenhagen. Some of my friends from school took the train with me while some exchange students meet me at the airport. I checked in my baggage and they were underweight! I know I said they were before too, but I had my doubts on whether they would be or not. The first one weighted in at 29kg. That was the lighter bag. The second one was 31kg. The limit for weight is 32kg. I was ecstatic! I came with less stuff than when I left home. I took my first flight from Copenhagen to Amsterdam. Then I had a three hour lay-over. When we checked in for the flight we had to go through another security check point where they asked us about our luggage and what the point of the trip was etc. Then I took my next flight from Amsterdam to Minneapolis. It was strange entering into the states again. I got to the airport and everyone was speaking English, and I saw so many stores and restaurants that I had forgotten about. I had another three hour lay-over in Minneapolis before I boarded my final plane to Rapid City. When I got off the plane in Rapid my family was waiting at the end of the corridor beyond security. I was expecting a homecoming like my when my elder sister came home from college the first time. She and my mom were crying and everyone was hugging. I walked down the corridor and my entire family is laughing. You see, I was wearing my Rotary blazer covered with pins and things, along with my Russian hat because it didn't fit in my bags. So, they were laughing at the way I was dressed. We had a good time. I've seen a couple of my friends today. I'm not experiencing any jetlag and life is going on as . . .usual.

0 kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

<< Start