mandag, maj 03, 2004

Holy Socks And The Beginning Of The End
Early Saturday morning the Italians flew home. I have to say it was a relief. The week was so busy and it's nice having my room back to myself. After I was free again I went about cleaning my room and doing laundry. While sorting my laundry I decided to throw away my socks with holes in them(yes mom you should be proud.) Each time I found a sock with a large hole in it, it was thrown into a pile on the floor. When I was finished I had 13 socks on the pile on the floor. Which left me with 11. The 11 I was left with don't all have matches. I had 4 matches and then five socks I sort of matched together by themselves. . . Four pairs of socks isn't enough so then I went on a mission to buy new socks. This is something I've never done before, but I lucked out and right way found socks that I liked and that were affordable. So, I have six new pairs of white socks! It's amazing how happy that makes me feel.

Time is really winding down here. It's hard to imagine I've been here over nine months now. This year has been amazing and I wouldn't trade any of my experiences. It's different preparing to leave Denmark. When I left the U.S. I think it was probably easier to say good-bye to people. I was excited to go off to a new country and I knew that in a year I would be back. When I leave Denmark I know that I'm going home to my senior year of highschool and all the scary preparations for college, and I have no idea when I'll be coming back. I'll be leaving friends whom I've gotten to know and care about and I don't know when I'll get to see them again. I know I'll come back to Denmark, but when I have no idea. And as for my international friends who knows what will happen to us. Of course I'd like to think I could keep in touch with all of them and then one day go to Brazil, Ecuador, Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, etc. but, in reality that is quite difficult. In fact besides scattered letters from Nate and speaking to my family every once in awhile I haven't really heard from anyone in the US for months and these are the people whom I've known for years. I can only imagine how my relationships over seas will deteriorate as time goes by. I do think that I will continue to have good relationships some of the people I've met this year. I've made some amazing friends and I highly value our friendships. It's just terribly scary to think about leaving.

0 kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

<< Start