Americans
This morning the Americans arrived. If I haven't explained this before here goes, if I have bear with me. Every second year gymnasium class in Denmark goes on a trip to another country. The class with study the culture of the country to which the are traveling prior to and after they actually take the trip. Most trips are for a week and the class will stay in a hotel. Some trips are exchanges like mine. Our school had two exchanges. My class - to Italy and another class - to Pennsylvania. Today the Americans arrived for their half of the exchange. It was exciting to see so many Americans at once. They all dressed and talked like Americans, and their behavior was very American. It seems strange to say, but after being in Denmark for 9 months it is very obvious how the two cultures are different. It was exciting to talk to them and see what their immediate reactions to Denmark were. I'm looking forward to getting to know them a little better in the next 10 days. As for our Italians they will be arriving tomorrow afternoon and staying for a week.
This evening I "babysat" the neighbor boy. He's 11 and doesn't really need a sitter, but I don't' think he enjoys being home alone all evening plus he needs to eat. So I went over there at 6 and made dinner, which turned out to be a disaster because I am a horrible cook. Who can mess up boiled potatoes? I can! After that we just hung out and watched the Simpsons and played video games. It was a fun time. He's a good kid.
This morning the Americans arrived. If I haven't explained this before here goes, if I have bear with me. Every second year gymnasium class in Denmark goes on a trip to another country. The class with study the culture of the country to which the are traveling prior to and after they actually take the trip. Most trips are for a week and the class will stay in a hotel. Some trips are exchanges like mine. Our school had two exchanges. My class - to Italy and another class - to Pennsylvania. Today the Americans arrived for their half of the exchange. It was exciting to see so many Americans at once. They all dressed and talked like Americans, and their behavior was very American. It seems strange to say, but after being in Denmark for 9 months it is very obvious how the two cultures are different. It was exciting to talk to them and see what their immediate reactions to Denmark were. I'm looking forward to getting to know them a little better in the next 10 days. As for our Italians they will be arriving tomorrow afternoon and staying for a week.
This evening I "babysat" the neighbor boy. He's 11 and doesn't really need a sitter, but I don't' think he enjoys being home alone all evening plus he needs to eat. So I went over there at 6 and made dinner, which turned out to be a disaster because I am a horrible cook. Who can mess up boiled potatoes? I can! After that we just hung out and watched the Simpsons and played video games. It was a fun time. He's a good kid.

0 kommentarer:
Send en kommentar
<< Start