torsdag, maj 06, 2004

Caramels and Final Exams
Wednesday was the 3.g(senior's) last day at the Gymnasium. Like seniors in the US there are many traditions that are followed for their last day of school. First they met at 8am to have breakfast with their teachers. When the rest of us arrived at the school at 9am all of the 3.g's were dressed up in odd apparel. There wasn't an overall theme it was just crazy wear. We were all herded into the gym where the 3.g's then began to pelt us with caramels while the teachers set up for the assembly. Yes, I said caramels. The 3.g's buy tons of separately packaged caramels and throw them at you. We then proceeded with the assembly. There was a presentation by a teacher and then awards for the "class best/worst/most. . etc." The class awards were brilliantly done. They set it up like the an award show and had video footage of each nominee. I was highly impressed. Then some of the teachers got up and sang a rock song. . . I'm not exactly sure how that fit in, but they enjoyed themselves, so who cares. Then came the presentation that everyone was waiting for, the announcement of what exams would be given. I haven't been fully able to comprehend how all of this works, but I'll try the best to explain what I understand. We have already received our report cards for the year, but we aren't finished. In some classes there will be finals worth a small percent(circa 20) of our grade, then in one class you have to take a big exam that is worth your entire grade. So, if you fail the exam you fail the class, or if you get an A on the exam you get an A in the class. It's a random drawing on which class you will get your exam in, but each student takes one exam, unless they didn't take any the year before. For example some of the kids in my class didn't have to take an exam last year, so they are taking two this year. The kids in my class drew English and Geography, so some are taking both others were assigned to one of the two. I'm not sure if that made any sense, but it's the best I can do. Any way they did an announcement saying which class would take which exams. Then we were dismissed to our classes. There was only 20 minutes left of second period at that point so our teacher cancelled the rest of class. While we were hanging out in the class room the 3.g's ran around throwing caramels at us. They covered the room of our class room. So, we had to pick them up. I collected all of the ones that were thrown at me previously and many from the class room and ended up with more candy then I'd receive on a normal Halloween and more than I've ever gotten at a parade.



Here's a photo of my candy, after being well eaten into. It's standing next to my Jesus Action Figure(with realistic gliding action!)

So, that was how the seniors last day at school went. No farm animals were released into the building and no one got covered in shaving cream or rotten food. Just some thrown caramels and funny clothing.

0 kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

<< Start