I've spent the better have of this past week doing homework. For Danish history class we've been making huge papers for the past month and Thursday they were due. So, it was a mad dash to finish the rest.
Friday morning I picked up Bethany from Canada from the airport. She flew to Denmark to visit Heather, but Friday night was Heather's galafest(prom), so she couldn't come and get Bethany. Bethany and I spent a large portion of our day on the couch eating. She's been country hopping for over a month and was ready to just chill. We did some laundry and just hung out until the evening when we went to my school for our 'talent show.' Except it's not really a talent show the translation into English is "Star for a Night." It's a musical performance. Different kids from the gymnasium can perform music. All of us kids in the music classes are required to perform along with the first year students. The first year students all go up together and sing a song per class. I performed with my music group. There were some acts that gave me goose bumps. Two girls from my music class sang Prince of Egypt (When You Believe). I've never seen anyone perform Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston that well. There was also a trio that played jazz songs. The guy who played the standing bass was amazingly talented.
Today I think we are going to Copenhagen to meet up with Heather. They have some sort of plan to make Canadian food. Po. . . something. Oh yeah! And I'm now on Easter holiday. We have Easter holiday from the 3rd - 12th. On Monday I'm leaving with my host family to Jutland to visit their family. I'll tell you more about that later though.
Friday morning I picked up Bethany from Canada from the airport. She flew to Denmark to visit Heather, but Friday night was Heather's galafest(prom), so she couldn't come and get Bethany. Bethany and I spent a large portion of our day on the couch eating. She's been country hopping for over a month and was ready to just chill. We did some laundry and just hung out until the evening when we went to my school for our 'talent show.' Except it's not really a talent show the translation into English is "Star for a Night." It's a musical performance. Different kids from the gymnasium can perform music. All of us kids in the music classes are required to perform along with the first year students. The first year students all go up together and sing a song per class. I performed with my music group. There were some acts that gave me goose bumps. Two girls from my music class sang Prince of Egypt (When You Believe). I've never seen anyone perform Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston that well. There was also a trio that played jazz songs. The guy who played the standing bass was amazingly talented.
Today I think we are going to Copenhagen to meet up with Heather. They have some sort of plan to make Canadian food. Po. . . something. Oh yeah! And I'm now on Easter holiday. We have Easter holiday from the 3rd - 12th. On Monday I'm leaving with my host family to Jutland to visit their family. I'll tell you more about that later though.

0 kommentarer:
Send en kommentar
<< Start