fredag, marts 12, 2004

School Work
I'm currently sitting in the computer lab during my lunch break eating my turkey on rugbrød, and trying to finish up my homework before I go to Italy. I shouldn't be typing this now, but I need a break. This week has been mad crazy with homework. I'm taking US History I and II online. The classes started the first of March and will end in the middle of May. That is an entire year of US History smashed into 2 1/2 months. On top of my history homework I'm now doing a full load of homework in Danish. I'll be going to Italy tomorrow. I'm staying a week with my class. We'll be staying at host families scattered around the Siena area. I'm staying in Poggibonsi. I started packing last night. I pulled out my little duffel bag. The same one I used when I went to London. After doing thepreliminaryy packing I decided I wasn't going to use my little duffel bag. When I use the duffel bag I can bring 2 pairs of pants(that's including the ones I'm wearing), a "dress-up" outfit, some t-shirts and some bathroom supplies. In Italy we'll be picked up at the airport by our host families, and wont have to move our bag around the entire trip; for this reason I've decided to not use my little duffel bag and instead use my gigantic bag that I used when I came to Denmark. I'm now bring many pairs of pants, three pairs of shoes, and various nice outfits and the bag is still only 1/2 full.

Things with my host family are going really well. On Wednesday I baked a German Chocolate cake for them. They really liked it. I once again had to put it in an oval pan, and it was to small, so the cake was really bubbled(I'll try to add a photo of it later). My little host brother took picture of it. He loves playing with his digital camera.

Yesterday was my Grandfather(on the Lang side)'s birthday. He turned 80! So, if you happen to see him, those of you who know him or live in Spearfish. Tell him Happy Birthday, even if it's belated. I called him yesterday and we got to talk for a little while which was nice.

I'll give a full update of myadventuress in Italy when I return next Saturday.

0 kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

<< Start