Weekend Adventures
Saturday afternoon I was invited to a friends swim meet here in Helsingør. I had taken a train to Helsingør from Nivå to have lunch with a friend and was planning on taking the bus from Helsingør Station to the swim hall. When I arrived at the station I realized I had missed the bus I was supposed to take and the next bus wasn't for another 25 minutes. Instead of waiting at the station for 25 mintues and freezing my rump off I figured I could walk to the swim hall in just about 30 minutes or so. So, I walked up to the swim hall and arrived just in time to watch my Laust, my friend, swim. He's a good swimmer and had won first place in a race earlier in the day. This time was a relay and the team took 6th. The actual swimming took less then 2 minutes. After he was finished I went to catch my bus back to the station. Once agian the next bus wasn't for another 20 minutes, so I walked to Snekkersten Station and caught my train home from there. I figured I walked for almost an hour in order to see a 2 minute swim race, but it was a good race, so it was okay.
My host father, Peter, is a member of a "sheep club." The club owns land and a herd of sheep. They take care of them and share costs and things. This Sunday morning my host family and I biked to the field to visit the sheep because it's birthing time! So far six little lambs have been born and they are expecting more everyday. The lambs were so cute. I'm amazed that they can walk after less then 24 hours.
The momma sheep with two lambs.
Viktor and I feeding one of the mom sheep who had given birth just a few hours earlier.
Sunday afternoon Peter, Ulla and I went to Louisiana the modern art museum there were two shows William Eggleston: Los Alamos. William Eggleston is an American photographer from the 60's and 70's. The other show was "I hate you" The Falckenberg Collection. "I hate you" was a collection of recent pieces of modern art. Out of all of the museums and paintings I've seen around Europe so far I thought these two collections were by far the most excellent. William Eggleston's photography was amazing, and the "I hate you" collection was art that you didn't have to think about so much. One piece was four different head shots of performing artists. I think it was Courtney Love, Cameron Diaz, and I can't remember the other two. They were the type of head shots you get when you are a member of a fan club or something. Then the four shots were each signed to the same person, but in actuality the person who they were signed to was the person who signed them. I thought the exibit was fun which is something I normaly don't find of art. Check out the website to see what I'm talking about.
Saturday afternoon I was invited to a friends swim meet here in Helsingør. I had taken a train to Helsingør from Nivå to have lunch with a friend and was planning on taking the bus from Helsingør Station to the swim hall. When I arrived at the station I realized I had missed the bus I was supposed to take and the next bus wasn't for another 25 minutes. Instead of waiting at the station for 25 mintues and freezing my rump off I figured I could walk to the swim hall in just about 30 minutes or so. So, I walked up to the swim hall and arrived just in time to watch my Laust, my friend, swim. He's a good swimmer and had won first place in a race earlier in the day. This time was a relay and the team took 6th. The actual swimming took less then 2 minutes. After he was finished I went to catch my bus back to the station. Once agian the next bus wasn't for another 20 minutes, so I walked to Snekkersten Station and caught my train home from there. I figured I walked for almost an hour in order to see a 2 minute swim race, but it was a good race, so it was okay.
My host father, Peter, is a member of a "sheep club." The club owns land and a herd of sheep. They take care of them and share costs and things. This Sunday morning my host family and I biked to the field to visit the sheep because it's birthing time! So far six little lambs have been born and they are expecting more everyday. The lambs were so cute. I'm amazed that they can walk after less then 24 hours.
The momma sheep with two lambs.
Viktor and I feeding one of the mom sheep who had given birth just a few hours earlier.
Sunday afternoon Peter, Ulla and I went to Louisiana the modern art museum there were two shows William Eggleston: Los Alamos. William Eggleston is an American photographer from the 60's and 70's. The other show was "I hate you" The Falckenberg Collection. "I hate you" was a collection of recent pieces of modern art. Out of all of the museums and paintings I've seen around Europe so far I thought these two collections were by far the most excellent. William Eggleston's photography was amazing, and the "I hate you" collection was art that you didn't have to think about so much. One piece was four different head shots of performing artists. I think it was Courtney Love, Cameron Diaz, and I can't remember the other two. They were the type of head shots you get when you are a member of a fan club or something. Then the four shots were each signed to the same person, but in actuality the person who they were signed to was the person who signed them. I thought the exibit was fun which is something I normaly don't find of art. Check out the website to see what I'm talking about.

0 kommentarer:
Send en kommentar
<< Start