torsdag, januar 15, 2004

Rotary Expedition
Last night I went on a little trip with my Rotary club. We were going to Copenhagen to see the national soccer team's head quarters.(It just took me almost 10 minutes to figure out how to spell that correctly. My English is fading.) Once we were at the right place we got quite lost in the mass of buildings on the property. We ended up at the Danish Olympic headquarters, and from there had to call to find out where we were supposed to be going. After we reached our destination we watched a presentation about the team, and all of the wonderful things they do for the community. They gave us a bunch of pamphlets and information. We also received a round lighter that I find very dangerous because I can never figure out which part the fire will come out of, and a key chain. We then got a tour of the facilities which included the room in which all of the equipment and uniforms were stored. The entire time we were there I was thinking of how easy it would have been to steal something. Everything was just lying on shelves. I resisted the temptation though, and we continued our tour. We ended the evening having dinner in what seemed like a staff room and then drove the hour and 20 minutes home.

I seem to be getting nauseous really easily lately. In the mornings I can barely keep down anything. It usually fades slightly throughout the day, but is easily triggered back. Last night it was the car ride home. The entire time I thought I was going to toss my cookies. Once we were near to my house I asked the driver if he could just pull over, and I walked the rest of the way home.

Grethe(my host mother) is getting on my nerves tremendously. She is extremely overly helpful. I know I shouldn't be complaining because someone is to helpful, but it's annoying. When I wake up she's there with all of my options for breakfast already laid out. Which usually means by the time I'm ready to eat the yogurt, and milk are warm. Then she insists on helping me make my lunch, so she gets out every possible thing that I might want out of the fridge and puts it on the counter, and I only end up using maybe three things. When I come home from school she's there to ask me if I'm hungry and if I say I'm not it doesn't matter because she'll bring me peanuts, or cookies, or whatever that is around the house. When I need some privacy I'll go into my room and every 25 minutes she's there to ask if I need anything. It continues like that all day, every day. I'm not sure if she thinks I'm incapable or if she just wants to be helpful. I'm sure her intentions are good, but the results are driving me insane.

0 kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

<< Start