lørdag, november 22, 2003

Shopping with the Swedes
Helsingor is right across the straight(6 km.) from Helsingbor, Sweden. This makes it nice and handy for both Danes and Swedes to cross over to each other's countries. It's especially handy for the Swedes since alcohol is considerably cheaper in Denmark.

This morning I had a couple of errands to run, so I biked down town. While I was trying to get through the very crowded down town walking streets all I could hear was Swedish. All morning I didn't hear any Danish. The Swedes from Helsingbor have a very distinct accent. It sounds like they're singing when they're talking. The Danes are very monotone, but the Swedes always sound excited. So, the Swedes all get dressed nice and come over in giant crowds to make the streets of Helsingor crowded on Saturday mornings, and making it very difficult for me to shop.

Speaking of shopping, now I'd like to talk a little bit about prices. The dollar keeps on dropping farther and farther down, making things here considerably more expensive. This is a chart of what I bought today. As you can see the first column is how much it might cost in the US. The second column is how much the item cost me today, in kroner. The third column is how much that item ends up being after this last drop of the dollar.



Yes, I realize it says, movie rental movie, but I am to lazy at this point to fix it, and it gets the point across. But, as you can see I paid over $6, for a movie rental on a Saturday afternoon. You could go to a matinee at the theatre, and it will cost less than that.

0 kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

<< Start