Visitors
The fourth of July was crazy. It didn't go exactly as I had hoped it would. I didn't end up getting to go to the rodeo because grandpa and Shelly ditched me and decided not to go. The fireworks were cancelled because of the rain. And the day that I went to the carnival it had to shut down because of lightening. It was fun nonetheless, and the Blackhills got some much needed rain.
Today my aunt from California is coming to visit. It has been a while since I've seen her. I'm thinking it's been close to two years. . . maybe only a year and a 1/2. I'm excited to see her, but at the same time it's a little frustrating. I guess I'm still adjusting to everything, but somedays I just get overwhelmed with life. But, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. Tomorrow Marc, a good friend of mine from Denmark, will be here in South Dakota. At this moment he's on a plane to here. I'm guessing somewhere between Denmark and Amsterdam. It'll be his first time in the US. He'll come here and stay with us for two weeks, and I'll try to show him a taste of the United States. For some it might seem disappointing. His first time in the US and he's only going to South Dakota, but I hope that it wont be. I think it's a unique opportunity for someone foreign to come to the midwest. The US is so large and diverse. Often foreigners only go to large cities, and there impression of the entire country might come from LA and NY. I'm sure Marc will get a chance to go to those places later in life, but SD is a unique experience and I hope he enjoys it.
Today my aunt from California is coming to visit. It has been a while since I've seen her. I'm thinking it's been close to two years. . . maybe only a year and a 1/2. I'm excited to see her, but at the same time it's a little frustrating. I guess I'm still adjusting to everything, but somedays I just get overwhelmed with life. But, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. Tomorrow Marc, a good friend of mine from Denmark, will be here in South Dakota. At this moment he's on a plane to here. I'm guessing somewhere between Denmark and Amsterdam. It'll be his first time in the US. He'll come here and stay with us for two weeks, and I'll try to show him a taste of the United States. For some it might seem disappointing. His first time in the US and he's only going to South Dakota, but I hope that it wont be. I think it's a unique opportunity for someone foreign to come to the midwest. The US is so large and diverse. Often foreigners only go to large cities, and there impression of the entire country might come from LA and NY. I'm sure Marc will get a chance to go to those places later in life, but SD is a unique experience and I hope he enjoys it.

2 kommentarer:
Marc! You have sexy hair!
/Faheem
Sounds like you had a great year. I was a Rotary student in 86-87, a few years since. I went back since, still the best time of one's life. Du ville aldrig glemmer din DK - ol, rodbrod, kartoffler, no penge, sa mange tinger. jeg savner DK.
Farvel
Tim
Send en kommentar
<< Start