Thunderstorms
On Monday the 28th Brittany, Syd and I went back to Rapid to continue our tolerance picketing. The twins had a mild case of sunstroke, and Reilly had to work so our numbers dwindled to three. When we arrived in Rapid at Senator Daschle’s headquarters they were already picketing. We stood on a strip of grass in the middle of the gap during morning rush hour. It was crazy. After that we headed down to the city hall to do a 1/2 hour there. It was funny because the main street by city hall is closed for construction, so the only people that would drive by would be people that were turning around. The Phelps people left after only 20 minutes of protesting. After they left more community members came out and we all had lemonade.
Tuesday morning I finally got my butt down to job service. I filled out information there and picked up job applications for a couple of places that were hiring. That evening I met up with some old friends and we went to the high school baseball game. It really felt like summer. After the baseball game we took a walk through the park. It was a beautiful evening.
Wednesday Dad took off work and we all headed to Custer State Park to go fishing. The fish were biting, but because of the size of most of them we only took home three. Wednesday evening I got together with some friends and we were going to have a bonfire at Leslie's house. It hasn't rained in ages, but she has really safe facilities, so we figured it would be fine. After only 30 minutes of sitting out side it started to pour. We figured the rain would stop soon since it hasn't rained in the longest time. But, it didn't. It kept on raining all evening.
Now there are thunderclouds all over the place, and it looks like it will rain some more today. I really hope it does rain because the land is so dry, and with the 4th coming up if we don't get moister there will be a lot of fires. Speaking of the 4th, I can't wait until the festivities kick off. The carnival is already in town, and the rodeo starts tomorrow. Then the barbeques, fireworks, and parades, I love the 4th of July!
Tuesday morning I finally got my butt down to job service. I filled out information there and picked up job applications for a couple of places that were hiring. That evening I met up with some old friends and we went to the high school baseball game. It really felt like summer. After the baseball game we took a walk through the park. It was a beautiful evening.
Wednesday Dad took off work and we all headed to Custer State Park to go fishing. The fish were biting, but because of the size of most of them we only took home three. Wednesday evening I got together with some friends and we were going to have a bonfire at Leslie's house. It hasn't rained in ages, but she has really safe facilities, so we figured it would be fine. After only 30 minutes of sitting out side it started to pour. We figured the rain would stop soon since it hasn't rained in the longest time. But, it didn't. It kept on raining all evening.
Now there are thunderclouds all over the place, and it looks like it will rain some more today. I really hope it does rain because the land is so dry, and with the 4th coming up if we don't get moister there will be a lot of fires. Speaking of the 4th, I can't wait until the festivities kick off. The carnival is already in town, and the rodeo starts tomorrow. Then the barbeques, fireworks, and parades, I love the 4th of July!

1 kommentarer:
Oh yeah, I forgot to add that I changed my layout and comment system to one of the pre-made Blogger ones. We'll see how it goes.
Send en kommentar
<< Start