Brighter Days
Sorry it’s been so long since I’ve blogged. I promise once I move into a house with internet access I will be blogging more often.
The days here have been getting longer, and the snow has turned into rain. The mornings when I usually walk to the train station the sky is a nice dark blue now, and not the depressing midnight black it’s been for the last couple of months. The sun is now rising at 8:03, and going down at 4:45. It’s noticeably much lighter now. In the mornings the birds have begun to sing making it clear that morning is coming.
This morning though, the sun was playing hard to get, so I put on my rain boots, and grabbed the umbrella and was off to school. It rained all the way to the station and all day during school. For the walk home I broke out my umbrella once again for the rain.
On the brighter side, I’m going to London in 3 days! Yes, on February 5th I’m flying to London with my friend Pedro from Brazil. He and I are staying in a hostel and are going to see the sights in London. We are also going to a Blink 182 concert.(Go Pedro for scoring us those tickets!) I’m so unbelievably excited. I’ve never gone to another country before, except when I moved here, but that really doesn’t count now does it? I’m also a little nervous because this is the first time I’ve travelled by myself(without adults). Before I’ve always had people picking me up at the airport, and someone with whom I was staying. This trip we are definitely on our own, but just to reassure you I have called to confirm our hostel reservations, and I’ve checked the airplane tickets, and our transportation/attraction tickets also. I think I’ve gotten all aspects of the spectrum currently covered. I promise to take tons of photos and post them(I always say that, don’t I.)
Sorry it’s been so long since I’ve blogged. I promise once I move into a house with internet access I will be blogging more often.
The days here have been getting longer, and the snow has turned into rain. The mornings when I usually walk to the train station the sky is a nice dark blue now, and not the depressing midnight black it’s been for the last couple of months. The sun is now rising at 8:03, and going down at 4:45. It’s noticeably much lighter now. In the mornings the birds have begun to sing making it clear that morning is coming.
This morning though, the sun was playing hard to get, so I put on my rain boots, and grabbed the umbrella and was off to school. It rained all the way to the station and all day during school. For the walk home I broke out my umbrella once again for the rain.
On the brighter side, I’m going to London in 3 days! Yes, on February 5th I’m flying to London with my friend Pedro from Brazil. He and I are staying in a hostel and are going to see the sights in London. We are also going to a Blink 182 concert.(Go Pedro for scoring us those tickets!) I’m so unbelievably excited. I’ve never gone to another country before, except when I moved here, but that really doesn’t count now does it? I’m also a little nervous because this is the first time I’ve travelled by myself(without adults). Before I’ve always had people picking me up at the airport, and someone with whom I was staying. This trip we are definitely on our own, but just to reassure you I have called to confirm our hostel reservations, and I’ve checked the airplane tickets, and our transportation/attraction tickets also. I think I’ve gotten all aspects of the spectrum currently covered. I promise to take tons of photos and post them(I always say that, don’t I.)

0 kommentarer:
Send en kommentar
<< Start