Friday started out like a normal day of school we had first period, physics. Then I went to music class where we rehersed for our performance that afternoon. Everyone in the class sang 'Seasons of Love' from Rent, and then my group/band performed 'Promise Me' and I'm not sure who it's by. After a short break we went into the Festhall, auditorium, and listened to some speeches about it being the school's 25th Anniversary. Then we performed. After the performances there was a cake contest. Each class had made a birthday cake and they were judged by decoration and taste. Our class got 3rd. After we ate the rest of the cake I went home to start getting ready for the gala.
Around 3:30pm I picked up Pat from the train station. He's another exchange student who's living in a different part of Denmark. He came to go to the Gala with me. We came back to the house and finished getting ready for the Gala. At 6pm my host father took us to the school and we watched all of the 3rd year students arrive. The 3rd years have a contest on who can arrive the classist. So there were limos, and horse drawn carriages, and vinatage cars. Once everyone had arrived we ate dinner with our class. It was a delicious meal. After dinner we danced the Lancier. It's a very old traditional dance. I believe it's French. Then there was a live band, and then the dance. During the dance there was fireworks. It was really cool. I promise I'll post pictures very soon! I have friends that took some with digital cameras, so I'll see if they can send them to me.
Around 3:30pm I picked up Pat from the train station. He's another exchange student who's living in a different part of Denmark. He came to go to the Gala with me. We came back to the house and finished getting ready for the Gala. At 6pm my host father took us to the school and we watched all of the 3rd year students arrive. The 3rd years have a contest on who can arrive the classist. So there were limos, and horse drawn carriages, and vinatage cars. Once everyone had arrived we ate dinner with our class. It was a delicious meal. After dinner we danced the Lancier. It's a very old traditional dance. I believe it's French. Then there was a live band, and then the dance. During the dance there was fireworks. It was really cool. I promise I'll post pictures very soon! I have friends that took some with digital cameras, so I'll see if they can send them to me.

0 kommentarer:
Send en kommentar
<< Start