The Last Day of 2004
Christmas is over and I can’t say that I am anything less than relieved. I don’t know what it is about Christmas, but I don’t like it. I understand that it is a time that is supposed to be a time of giving, and I get that, but it’s the cheer and togetherness that I don’t understand. Jesus was born, so we have a holiday where for an entire week you are supposed to spend time with your family and like it. I love my family, but I don’t think we should have to spend time together because Wal-Mart says so.
Christmas also means Christmas card. Our Christmas card was sent out today. I know what you’re thinking, “isn’t Christmas over?” And well, yes it is, but we traditionally don’t send ours out until after the holidays so we’re right on schedule. Every year since we were little it has taken hours to take the “perfect” photo. When we were young we could use two rolls of film and only have one photo where everyone is looking and no one was crying. We weren’t that picky back then, but now everyone wants to look good in it. I understand that notion, but it is almost impossible to have six people and the dog all looking decent in one photo. On Christmas Eve we all sat in front of the Christmas tree in our nice clothing and took a round of photos. After getting them back from Wal-Mart I(and a few of my sisters) realized we didn’t like them at all, so we ended up using a photo I took of the family this summer. Our end product was this –
Syd, Shelly and I were happy. Mom and Mary weren’t as much, and Dad. . . we’ll Dad doesn’t really have a say in the entire process anyway.
So, today is the last day of 2004. The turning over of the year seems more impressive this year than it has in the past. I think mostly because it will be 2005. For my entire school career I’ve been part of the class of 2005 and now it is 2005. I’m almost done with high school.
Christmas also means Christmas card. Our Christmas card was sent out today. I know what you’re thinking, “isn’t Christmas over?” And well, yes it is, but we traditionally don’t send ours out until after the holidays so we’re right on schedule. Every year since we were little it has taken hours to take the “perfect” photo. When we were young we could use two rolls of film and only have one photo where everyone is looking and no one was crying. We weren’t that picky back then, but now everyone wants to look good in it. I understand that notion, but it is almost impossible to have six people and the dog all looking decent in one photo. On Christmas Eve we all sat in front of the Christmas tree in our nice clothing and took a round of photos. After getting them back from Wal-Mart I(and a few of my sisters) realized we didn’t like them at all, so we ended up using a photo I took of the family this summer. Our end product was this –
Syd, Shelly and I were happy. Mom and Mary weren’t as much, and Dad. . . we’ll Dad doesn’t really have a say in the entire process anyway.
So, today is the last day of 2004. The turning over of the year seems more impressive this year than it has in the past. I think mostly because it will be 2005. For my entire school career I’ve been part of the class of 2005 and now it is 2005. I’m almost done with high school.

2 kommentarer:
Matt! How's Nebraska? Your senior year? Wrestling? It's been a long time since I've seen you last. We had some crazy times. Hopefully we can meet up soon. - Jess
Just for the record, Jessie, I did not like that picture. I liked the Christmas tree ones much more, but you guys insisted on that summer photo. That's all. Love you!
Send en kommentar
<< Start