Sunday Homework Mania
In the mist of my Sunday homework mania, I decided to take a break and write. A lot has happened over the past few weeks. I finally finished all of my college applications. And I’m done with both of my standardized tests (that is until I re-take them), and Election Day is over.
It’s nice to have all of my applications out of the way. Now, I just need to apply for scholarships, and decided on where I will be going to school. With that daunting task ahead of me, I can relax for a moment. The end of the first quarter of school was last week. I pulled out okay. I ended up with two B’s. I was okay with one of them. A, B in Physics isn’t too bad, especially since that class is super hard, but I also got a B in Constitutional Government. It was all because I got a C on a test in there. I was able to successfully identify every one of the amendments to the constitution, but messed up on the articles of the constitution. Since quarter time I was able to bring my grade up. I can now successfully tell you everyone one of the cabinet members and secretaries of anything. I can tell you secretaries of positions that I don’t know what the abbreviations mean.
Last night a couple of friends came over and we rented The Graduate. You can’t go wrong with a classic like The Graduate. It’s hilarious. The others hadn’t ever seen it, but I was glad to share in the amusement of it all. If only there were more movies that were produced in the main stream that were actually decent. The only movies we get in our neck of the woods are Hillary Duff and Lindsey Lohan pictures. And although I’m not one to turn down a good chick flick, there is nothing of substance that we get in the theatres. I was pleased to find out thought, that our local video rental place is now carrying the “main-stream” independent films.
Next weekend is Veterans Day weekend, and the school has kindly given us a four-day weekend. I’m looking forward to a trip to Minneapolis. The purpose of the trip is to visit St. Kate’s one of my prospective schools, but I am in dire need for a vacation from my life, so that’s what I’m looking forward to.
UPDATE: The final decision from the dance committee was a three-strikes your out policy. Each chaperon will be given a permanent marker and if they see any behavior that simulates sexual action they will go up to the student and make a mark on their hand. The next time the student is approached the line turns into an X. And then if a chaperon approaches them and they see an X, the student will be asked to leave. Although this system is highly absurd and tons of students will be kicked out of the next dance, it seemed to be the only feasible solution to the “problem” at this point and time. Isn’t it a shame that parents are worried about dancing style when parents in Sudan are worried about keeping their children alive?
It’s nice to have all of my applications out of the way. Now, I just need to apply for scholarships, and decided on where I will be going to school. With that daunting task ahead of me, I can relax for a moment. The end of the first quarter of school was last week. I pulled out okay. I ended up with two B’s. I was okay with one of them. A, B in Physics isn’t too bad, especially since that class is super hard, but I also got a B in Constitutional Government. It was all because I got a C on a test in there. I was able to successfully identify every one of the amendments to the constitution, but messed up on the articles of the constitution. Since quarter time I was able to bring my grade up. I can now successfully tell you everyone one of the cabinet members and secretaries of anything. I can tell you secretaries of positions that I don’t know what the abbreviations mean.
Last night a couple of friends came over and we rented The Graduate. You can’t go wrong with a classic like The Graduate. It’s hilarious. The others hadn’t ever seen it, but I was glad to share in the amusement of it all. If only there were more movies that were produced in the main stream that were actually decent. The only movies we get in our neck of the woods are Hillary Duff and Lindsey Lohan pictures. And although I’m not one to turn down a good chick flick, there is nothing of substance that we get in the theatres. I was pleased to find out thought, that our local video rental place is now carrying the “main-stream” independent films.
Next weekend is Veterans Day weekend, and the school has kindly given us a four-day weekend. I’m looking forward to a trip to Minneapolis. The purpose of the trip is to visit St. Kate’s one of my prospective schools, but I am in dire need for a vacation from my life, so that’s what I’m looking forward to.
UPDATE: The final decision from the dance committee was a three-strikes your out policy. Each chaperon will be given a permanent marker and if they see any behavior that simulates sexual action they will go up to the student and make a mark on their hand. The next time the student is approached the line turns into an X. And then if a chaperon approaches them and they see an X, the student will be asked to leave. Although this system is highly absurd and tons of students will be kicked out of the next dance, it seemed to be the only feasible solution to the “problem” at this point and time. Isn’t it a shame that parents are worried about dancing style when parents in Sudan are worried about keeping their children alive?

1 kommentarer:
The Graduate is playing at ASU this week with Morgan Fairchild as the lead. You should rent Donnie Darko, it's an awesome movie, weird, but cool. Also you must see Napoleon Dynamite and Team America: world police. They both rock, a lot. Ok that's all. Hope you're having a good week.
Send en kommentar
<< Start