7.5 Points
In the recent days I’ve written a lot about my Constitutional Government competition. Well, on Monday afternoon we left Spearfish for Pierre. After arriving at the hotel we frantically worked on perfecting our presentations for the competition. Tuesday morning we dressed in our suits and prepared to crush the competition. Yet, in our minds we were all very worried. After lunch we had the second round of competition. We were doing well. No huge slip ups, and everyone was confident and speaking great. After we completed the second round the judges tabulated the scores. We knew that Tea would get third place. Our biggest competition was West Central. My heart was beating a mile a minute. The judge announced that Tea received third place. He then proceeded to say that this competition was the closest it has ever been out of more than 1,000 points the winning team won by 7.5 points. I was more stressed and anxious than I have ever been. I figured we had lost it. Then the judge announced, “Second place goes to West Central.” You could hear our entire team breath for the first time in the fifteen minutes. The joy was incredible. My heart is still beating fast. Since we won the competition we will be heading to Washington, D.C. in May to compete at Nationals. Along with winning the competition I am proud to say that I was the winner of the “Lennis Larson Best Speaker Award.” The competition was fun, but I am very glad it’s over.

2 kommentarer:
Jessie! That is AWESOME! Congratulations!!!
Congratulations Lennis! (Emma told me to call you that now) I talked to her last night on MSN. I'm so thrilled that you get to go to D.C.! It will be a blast. I had the best time when we went.
Send en kommentar
<< Start