fredag, september 10, 2004

My First "D"

In the past two days I’ve had the first three tests of this school year. My first test of the year was in Physics. I had studied for the exam and knew the material. I wasn’t worried at all. After I finished the test I went through to check my problems. I was doing fine until the last four problems on the test. I went through them, again, and again, and continually got the same answer. I knew it couldn’t be correct though, because it wasn’t checking properly. I turned my test in and at the end of the period the teacher gave it back. I got a 65%! That’s a D! I was surprised. I’ve never gotten a D before in my life. Not of anything. Immediately I turned to those four questions I couldn’t seem to get right. I had messed up the Pythagorean theorem. I couldn’t believe it. Geometry’s most basic of equations, a2 + b2 = c2 But, I had decided to short cut wrote c = the square root of a2 + b2 c but accidentally I wrote c = the square root of a + b. This mistake threw off the calculations of all of those problems and gave me a D on my test. The D brought my grade down to a C. The teacher says I’ll be able to get it up, but it upsets me because I made a mistake. I knew the material, and yet I still fudged up the test because I cut corners. I’ll never make that mistake again in math and science.

Today is finally Friday, and thank goodness for it. I don’t think I could have handled another couple of days in school. I don’t have much planned for the weekend. Tonight there is a football game. I’d like to go, but I have a ton of homework, and since I’m babysitting tomorrow night I’m afraid I need to do it now. I know that makes me a severe geek. My sisters and friends tell me that all the time, but I don’t want to get to behind in my schoolwork.

0 kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

<< Start