mandag, august 02, 2004

School Supplies

Some might say I'm neurotic, others might say I'm anal, but I like being organized. Nate and I went to Rapid today to go back to school shopping. I don't buy clothes at retail stores, so I was just there to get school supplies and for lunch at the Mongolian Grill. We went to Target first. They only had one color of cheap 1" binders. Each year, I get a 1" binder for each class, along with a notebook and folder for each. Each subject has it's own color. The binder, notebook, and folder for that class should all be the same color. Having only one color of binder completely threw me off. So, we went to Super Wal-Mart. There we could only find three different colors in there "school supply" section. After doing some wandering I was able to find three more colors down a different isle. Then I tried to find matching notebooks and folders. I did alright beside not having an orange notebook to match my folder and binder. The one that I got to go with it is green, and it's throwing me off already. I'll be searching for an orange notebook until school starts at the end of this month. It seems so early for school to start, but when I think about it too much I fell lucky. At this time last year I was preparing for school the next morning. That's right. Last year in Denmark school started on August 3rd. This year it starts on August 4th. Those poor kids only get a six week summer, but that's the price you pay when you get out of school earlier, and get multiple week long vacations during the year. We have our summer, but we also go to school All-Day and don't have very many vacations.

1 kommentarer:

Blogger Sydni sagde ...

Hey Jess,

I'm thinking that I'm probably the one who's a bit too obsessed with the organization. The color coding binder/notebook/folder thing was my idea. I taught you, Mary, and Shelly to do it too because I helped you school shop when you started high school. My fault, sorry! It works though, right? I came up with a good system:)

8:55 PM  

Send en kommentar

<< Start