A Memoir
For my English writing class, I've been assigned to write a memoir. Just a short paper that is centered on one memory that has meaning, and that I can reflect upon. In order to help reflect I decided to go back and read some of my blog entries from when I first arrived in Denmark. While reading them I noticed a big difference between now, and then. First off, my entries were at least a little exciting then, and they were so long and detailed. In my later months in Denmark my entries were sparse and non-descriptive. I guess it's because everything became so routine to me. Also as time went on I actually had friends, and things to do; therefore I wasn't on the computer so much. I haven't found my inspiration for my memoir yet. I'm still thinking and considering things.
I have a fear of doing things wrong. The fear isn't so much with life. It mostly concerns school, and schoolwork. After a year of being wrong a lot and consistently not being good at things, I think my urge to excel at academics has increased and I am now overly careful with my schoolwork. I'm petrified that I might do something wrong, so instead of just writing what I think I should do I end up procrastinating, and re-visiting so often things never get completed. Of course this is still only the second week of school, so things will change.
This week on Wednesday and Thursday there were auditions for A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum at the local opera house. On Friday morning while reading the newspaper I read about the auditions. I was a bit disappointed because I enjoy doing musicals at the opera house, and this musical is a highly entertaining one. I once saw it performed with Rip Taylor as the lead. I guess on the positive side I will now be able to enjoy the show from the audience . . .
I should go back to work on finding a topic for my memoir.
I have a fear of doing things wrong. The fear isn't so much with life. It mostly concerns school, and schoolwork. After a year of being wrong a lot and consistently not being good at things, I think my urge to excel at academics has increased and I am now overly careful with my schoolwork. I'm petrified that I might do something wrong, so instead of just writing what I think I should do I end up procrastinating, and re-visiting so often things never get completed. Of course this is still only the second week of school, so things will change.
This week on Wednesday and Thursday there were auditions for A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum at the local opera house. On Friday morning while reading the newspaper I read about the auditions. I was a bit disappointed because I enjoy doing musicals at the opera house, and this musical is a highly entertaining one. I once saw it performed with Rip Taylor as the lead. I guess on the positive side I will now be able to enjoy the show from the audience . . .
I should go back to work on finding a topic for my memoir.

1 kommentarer:
Hej Jess, det er Marcos fra brasilien! Jeg savner dig fra meget!
Håber at se dig igen!
Min ny hjemside er www.fotolog.net/marcos_dk
Pas godt på af din selv!
Send en kommentar
<< Start