fredag, november 28, 2003

Happy Belated Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving was it bit different this year. It was pretty much like a normal day. I went to school and nobody remembered(I had reminded them) that it was Thanksgiving, so I just went about school like normal. Afterwards I came home did some laundry, and got ready for Thanksgiving dinner. Rotary invited all of the exchange students in the Copenhagen area for an American Thanksgiving dinner(that's what it said on the invitation.) So, I got dressed nicely and my host mother drove me to Hillerod and dropped me off. Almostimmediatelyy after I had said hello to some friends people got in line for the food. As soon as I got up to the table I knew something had gonedrasticallyy wrong. There wasn't enough food on the table to feed the people at my house on Thanksgiving nevertheless all of these very hungry people from all over the world. There was turkey, potatoes(Danishly prepared), a salad, and french bread. I was very confused about where all the rest of the food was, but I figured if we waited long enough they would bring the rest out. It didn't happen. They kept on bring morereinforcementss of the 4 foods they had. The invitation said there would be dessert, so I was looking forward to my pumpkin pie. There was no pumpkin pie. There was an odd apple pie. I had never had one like it before. It was very nice for Rotary to invite us to this dinner, but next time they should either not call it Thanksgiving, or try just a little harder.

The rest of the night was a lot of fun. The exchange students were supposed to do the entertainment, but none of us remembered, so they gave us time to prepare stuff. The 5 of us Americans acted out the story of how Thanksgiving came to be. TheAustralianss sang their national anthem and Waltzing Matilda. There was a group of Kiwis and Auzzies that did a traditional New Zealand dance. The best part though was when the Brazilians were going to do a dance from Brazil, and it's my favorite(and really the only Brazilian dance I know well) Brazilian dance, so I got to go up onstage and perform with them.

Thanksgiving may have been very untraditional, but it was still a good time.

0 kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

<< Start