mandag, juli 28, 2003

Hej! This morning Vibeke took Camilla to the airport in Copenhagen. Camilla is flying to Texas to visit her friends there. She was an exchange student 00-01. Ole went back to work after being on holiday for almost a month, and Andreas went home. Kasper and I stayed home this morning and did some laundry. After lunch Vibeke, Kasper and I picked up one of his friends and then took Kasper and his friend to meet up with some more boys. Kasper and seven of his friends are spending a week in Sweden at one of the guys summer houses. After that Vibeke and I went to town and I got my ID number. It is sort of like a social security number, except it is used much for frequently. It's my number in school, it's what I use at the library, and I used it when I opened up a bank account.

Caroline got home this evening. I was napping and when I awoke I saw a small girl with a bleach blonde braid running by my window. I soon realized that this was Caroline. She is a very sweet girl and doesn't speak a word of useful English. We tried discussing Lilo and Stitch, but the only words either of us could understand were the names.

For dinner Ole, Vibeke, Caroline and I went to McDonalds, or Mac D's, as they call it. The prices were extremly high compared to US prices. A ice-cream sunday was 14 K, or just over $2 US. They're $.99 back home. The menu was also lacking in any variety. But, it was still the same McDonalds. The fries and nuggets tasted exactly the same. Now I know where I can go if I want to get some American food.

Speaking of food. I'm really enjoying the food in this country, but there are a couple of things I've been craving. Dairy Queen. Blizards and Dilly Bars are deffinatly not over rated. Ketchup. The Ketchup over here is all wierd. Camilla said you can get American ketchup, but I haven't found any yet. Sliced Cheese. You know the stuff that comes in little packages. I would kill for some sliced cheese so I could make a normal grilled cheese. And ranch dressing. You can put ranch on anything, and so far I haven't found ranch here either. Well, now that my mouth is watering.

I went to the beach again this evening. I don't think I'll ever get tired of that. It is so amazingly beautiful. I just walked along the water. The weather here is about 75*F during the day and 68*F at night. The temperature doesn't vary much. We'll I guess that'll be all for now. I hope I'm not boring you all. Love you.

0 kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

<< Start