mandag, juli 21, 2003

Hey Everyone! Yesterday was our first official day of language camp. We sang Denmarks national anthem, learned intoroductory things like 'my name is. . . ' and counting to twenty. After lunch we went into Roskilde and looked around. The school I'm at is very cool. It's an agricultural school during the academic year. There are fields with soccer, or futbol, as I'm getting used to calling it. A swimming pool and some other nice stuff.

On Sunday we went sailing in Viking style ships. We rowed out and then put up the sail. It was a lot of fun. Today we're in for a long day of Danish and then some information about the royal family and government system.

At camp there are kids from all round the world, but mostly Brazil, Mexico, USA, and Canada. The Brazillians are great! They are my new favorite people. I went shopping in Roskilde with a group of 10 Brazillians. They would stop about every two stores and take a picture of each other. And they would sing all of the time. All of the Brazillians I've met so far have been tons of fun. I wish I was Brazillian. The kids from Mexico were amazed when we were thinking of songs to sing that I knew the words to 'La Bamba', when they had forgotten a part, and also 'Yo no soy es a mujer.' Thank you Mrs. Hohn.

The weather here is awesome. It gets to be in the high 70's during the day with a bit to much humidity for me, and then in the evenings and nights it just goes down into the 60's. I've been sleeping with my balcony door open every night.

I should go eat breakfast now(they pour yogart out of a carton.) TTFN

0 kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

<< Start