Good Evening! Today was my first full day with my counselor and her family. I'll be staying here for three weeks. The town is amazing. It is exactly how I picture the perfect cape style European village. First let me tell you a little about the family. The parents are Vibeke and Ole. Then there are the children. The eldest is Camilla. She is twenty and attending University in Copenhagen in the fall. Then there is Kasper. He is 18, but is birthday is next week, and he is a 3rd(final) year student at Helsingør Gymnasium. The youngest is Caroline she is 8. I haven't met her yet. She's with her friend Jessica at her summer house. There is also Andreas. He is Camilla's boyfriend and pretty much lives here. He's a year younger than Camilla. I arrived here yesterday morning.
This morning a woke up at 8am. Showered and then had breakfast with Ole, Vibeke and Andreas. After that Andreas and I watched TV all morning. Mostly British comedies, and a few American shows like Step By Step, and one I hadn't really ever heard of. After we ate lunch we watched the Tour de France. (Way to go Lance Armstrong!) The food has all been very good. Lots of carbohydrates. Breakfast was bran cereal and an orange. Lunch was an odd brownish bread(very tasty) with different fish, cheese and meat spreads. I have not yet tried the liver paste. I think I'll try to tackle that one tomorrow. For dinner Kasper cooked noodles with a beef, pepper, and wierd things that looked like mini hot dogs sause. I ate it and surprisingly. I enjoyed it. After dinner I took a walk down to the beach(yes, I can walk to the beach!)
The beach was nice and sandy and there were many people at the water. There were two toe-head boys probably about 8, swimming in the water. A boy of probably 14 years learning to wind surf, a family flying kites, and numerous others dipping there feet in the water. The water was beautiful. Warm enough that I could have gone swimming if I would have been wearing a suit. You can see Sweden on the other side of the water.
Vibeke presented me with the mobile phone I'll be using this year. The club had given it to be for my stay. It is a neon green Motorola. It's very high tech looking. Sort of like a computer. If I have a chance to develop my film sometime soon. I'll take a picture of it and post it because I have never seen anything like it.
Well I guess that is all for now. Oh, and here is the deal about e-mailing. You guys can e-mail me and tell me what's up(I'd love that), but I might not be writing back huge e-mails because I'm trying to post everything I've been doing on here that way I don't have to write it 9 times in a row. So, I hope everyone is doing well. I love and miss you all.
This morning a woke up at 8am. Showered and then had breakfast with Ole, Vibeke and Andreas. After that Andreas and I watched TV all morning. Mostly British comedies, and a few American shows like Step By Step, and one I hadn't really ever heard of. After we ate lunch we watched the Tour de France. (Way to go Lance Armstrong!) The food has all been very good. Lots of carbohydrates. Breakfast was bran cereal and an orange. Lunch was an odd brownish bread(very tasty) with different fish, cheese and meat spreads. I have not yet tried the liver paste. I think I'll try to tackle that one tomorrow. For dinner Kasper cooked noodles with a beef, pepper, and wierd things that looked like mini hot dogs sause. I ate it and surprisingly. I enjoyed it. After dinner I took a walk down to the beach(yes, I can walk to the beach!)
The beach was nice and sandy and there were many people at the water. There were two toe-head boys probably about 8, swimming in the water. A boy of probably 14 years learning to wind surf, a family flying kites, and numerous others dipping there feet in the water. The water was beautiful. Warm enough that I could have gone swimming if I would have been wearing a suit. You can see Sweden on the other side of the water.
Vibeke presented me with the mobile phone I'll be using this year. The club had given it to be for my stay. It is a neon green Motorola. It's very high tech looking. Sort of like a computer. If I have a chance to develop my film sometime soon. I'll take a picture of it and post it because I have never seen anything like it.
Well I guess that is all for now. Oh, and here is the deal about e-mailing. You guys can e-mail me and tell me what's up(I'd love that), but I might not be writing back huge e-mails because I'm trying to post everything I've been doing on here that way I don't have to write it 9 times in a row. So, I hope everyone is doing well. I love and miss you all.

0 kommentarer:
Send en kommentar
<< Start