torsdag, februar 19, 2004

Books
The last seven months I've been doing a lot more reading then I had previously done the last 17 years. The library here has an okay English section and I've been trying to take advantage of it. Last week I read The Lord of the Flies. I enjoyed it, but I still enjoy books with happy endings more. It help me out with the symbolism in the book I got information off of the internet. This week I'm reading Animal Farm. I fear Animal Farm will end tragically like The Lord of the Flies. I've also gotten information about the symbolism in this book also. I'm not to good at figuring that stuff out on my own. Normally the teachers feed it to you in class. When I read a book it's usually very superficial. I read it for what it says and enjoy it for that same reason. I don't think everything needs to be deep. I can never just read one book at a time. I guess my attention span isn't that great, so I also read a fun book without any symbolism. Right now it's a John Grisham novel. I'm afraid that when I come back to the US I will become busy with life again and won't have time to enjoy reading.

0 kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

<< Start