The Perfect Meal
Happy Belated Thanksgiving!
The last three days have been busy and jam packed with food. Thursday I went to my uncle Steve's house to celebrate with them. His wife Katy cooked an awesome meal with incredible yams. After dinner we watched movies by the fire. Good food and a good time. Friday I hung out at the dorms for a bit re-organizing and cleaning. Then in the afternoon I went grocery shopping and bought the ingredients I needed to make a dish for the vegan Thanksgiving that I was attending that evening(a Vegan is an "extreme vegetarian," they eat no animal products; for example no eggs, yogurt or honey). I made brown rice with peanut butter, apples and raisins in it. It was surprisingly good. The rest of the food there though, was incredible. There was tons of food, everything vegan, and everything yummy. Today I got up early and went and got food for the International Club Thanksgiving. I was in charge of cooking a Thanksgiving dinner for 15 people. We picked up all the food and went over to the apartment where we were cooking. Thankfully Nadine from Germany volunteered to help me. She was a life saver. We put together a sweet Thanksgiving meal. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, candied yams, green beans with onions, pistachio salad, rolls and pie. It wasn't elaborate, but everything went perfect. Nothing was burnt. Nothing was ruined. No one panicked. Everything tasted good. There was enough food for everyone, and the timing was perfect. Just as everyone arrived the food was all ready and warm. It may be conceded, but I'm dang proud of that meal. I hear people talk about how difficult Thanksgiving dinner may be, but I thought it was fun.
The last three days have been busy and jam packed with food. Thursday I went to my uncle Steve's house to celebrate with them. His wife Katy cooked an awesome meal with incredible yams. After dinner we watched movies by the fire. Good food and a good time. Friday I hung out at the dorms for a bit re-organizing and cleaning. Then in the afternoon I went grocery shopping and bought the ingredients I needed to make a dish for the vegan Thanksgiving that I was attending that evening(a Vegan is an "extreme vegetarian," they eat no animal products; for example no eggs, yogurt or honey). I made brown rice with peanut butter, apples and raisins in it. It was surprisingly good. The rest of the food there though, was incredible. There was tons of food, everything vegan, and everything yummy. Today I got up early and went and got food for the International Club Thanksgiving. I was in charge of cooking a Thanksgiving dinner for 15 people. We picked up all the food and went over to the apartment where we were cooking. Thankfully Nadine from Germany volunteered to help me. She was a life saver. We put together a sweet Thanksgiving meal. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, candied yams, green beans with onions, pistachio salad, rolls and pie. It wasn't elaborate, but everything went perfect. Nothing was burnt. Nothing was ruined. No one panicked. Everything tasted good. There was enough food for everyone, and the timing was perfect. Just as everyone arrived the food was all ready and warm. It may be conceded, but I'm dang proud of that meal. I hear people talk about how difficult Thanksgiving dinner may be, but I thought it was fun.

0 kommentarer:
Send en kommentar
<< Start