Nevada Students for Peace and Solidarity
I’ve been keeping busy with the campus organization Nevada Students for Peace and Solidarity (NSPS). On Tuesday we began showing a movie series titled, “Shocking and Awful: A Grassroots Response to the War in Iraq.” There are thirteen, thirty minute, episodes. We watched the first three on Tuesday. The movies were awesome. I’m excited to see the next three next week.
Last night we had a speaker from the American Civil Liberties Union. He came and spoke about the USA PATRIOT Act. I left the presentation last night with a horrendous stomach ache. I was so upset, that my body was reacting. I just don’t understand how we’ve gotten in this situation. Why in a country that is supposedly the, “land of the free,” are we trying to pass legislation that ban’s us from burning the flag.
The fundamental rights that our country was founded upon are being violated. Benjamin Franklin said, "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Enough of my ranting, this weekend I’m heading to Berkeley for a conference. I’m excited to get away from school. I want good food!
Last night we had a speaker from the American Civil Liberties Union. He came and spoke about the USA PATRIOT Act. I left the presentation last night with a horrendous stomach ache. I was so upset, that my body was reacting. I just don’t understand how we’ve gotten in this situation. Why in a country that is supposedly the, “land of the free,” are we trying to pass legislation that ban’s us from burning the flag.
The fundamental rights that our country was founded upon are being violated. Benjamin Franklin said, "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Enough of my ranting, this weekend I’m heading to Berkeley for a conference. I’m excited to get away from school. I want good food!

3 kommentarer:
Wow, Jessie, you are becoming, like, one of those crazy activist people who get arrested at protests. Be careful.
hey jess! it's ange from chicago!
i'm not sure what your email is. (i'll feel stupid if it's totally obvious somewhere) but e-mail me just a hi or something so i can get yours, and i will send you one back! lots to say.. lots to say
ZaZer5@comcast.net
Sorry, almost forgot :)
Send en kommentar
<< Start